Labels

Blog Archive

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Please meet Taylor!

This is Taylor Made. My dress form. I picked her up in Mo. about five years ago for $30.00 at a thrift store. The only problem was that she didn't have a leg to stand on! Literally! So I asked my hubby to help me out being he is a metal man and all......
November 13 011, a photo by seamsewcountry on Flickr.November 13 009 by seamsewcountry
So, he drove to the metal shop in search of a base for Taylor. He found this rubber base that the metal shop was going to throw away because they couldn't resell rubber at a metal shop. SCORE! They gave it to him! Good job honey! Yes, it's dirty and needs painting but it was too cold to do either outside so that part will have to wait.

November 13 013 by seamsewcountry

Here is hubby attaching her leg and base to her.

November 13 011 by seamsewcountry

Oh Taylor, you look ever so beautiful with your new leg!

November 13 014 by seamsewcountry

You will be seeing alot of Taylor in this upcoming year in 2014, for I want to start refashioning thrifted clothing! I am so excited to start this adventure!
For the past year and a half, I have been involved in an online block swap at Stashbee. It was tons of fun and I learned alot. I will be posting blocks that I recieved at that swap soon. I encourage any one who is interested in doing a quilt block swap to hop on over there and sign up!http://stashbee.blogspot.com  I have always wanted to sew clothing, but have no experience in this area. I am thinking I could learn alot from refashioning clothing in the process. I am looking forward to my first refashion, but in the meantime I must finish up last minute Christmas gifts that I am making first. I will be posting pics of them also, so stay tuned! There is alot happening here!

No comments:

Post a Comment