Labels

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Celebrate!

 
 
 December holds our oldest sons birthday. Usually he kind of gets cheated on his birthday. We frantically try to figure out what to get him while also preparing for Christmas. It seems we always seem to snag one of his Christmas presents and give it to him for his birthday. But not this year! This year our Daughter in law gave us a huge hint. She told us that he would love to have his dads first gun but was too chicken to ask. WELL, that's just what he got!
There is a story behind this gun and this is how it goes. . . My husband was nine years old when he received this gun. He had worked for three days pulling nails out of boards for the neighbor man. He had asked the neighbor man a question about this gun. When it came time to get paid, the neighbor man paid him and also gave him the gun for all of his hard work. The gun had been made un operable so as to make sure my husband wouldn't get into any trouble with the gun at nine years old. When my husband was in his twenty's, he took the gun to a gun smith and had him make it operable again. Needless to say I believe our oldest was more than happy to receive his birthday gift this year! He loves Cheesecake. Here he is with his cheesecake.  Last year his cheesecake was perfect! Not so much this year! I promise next year to make your cheesecake just as perfect as it was last year! What year are we on now?? Anyway, sorry about that Dan!
 


                                        Here he is wearing one of his gifts from grandma.
 
Here is our grand daughter before the celebrations began, fast asleep in the chair.
 

We call her LOVEBUG for a reason! She is just so darn cute that she spreads the love wherever she goes!


Finally, I will leave you with a glimpse of what Taylor is wearing. She is boasting an ill fitting jean jacket that is super cute! I love the look of this jacket but it fits me so badly and is so uncomfortable that if I don't do something to it quick, I will never wear it again, and we can't have that can we?  It is my first semi-refashion! I'm taking the shoulders up as well as the sides. So, stay tuned to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment